Today, most women are well aware of the side-effects of Hormone Replacement Therapy and are seeking holistic alternatives to help relieve the symptoms of menopause. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine offer a holistic approach that can reduce or even eliminate the menopausal symptoms of hot flashes, night sweats and insomnia without the use of Hormone Replacement Therapy and other medications. A number of research studies show the hormone balancing effects of acupuncture and its ability to effectively treat menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes 1-7.
This phase in a woman's life can offer increased energy, creativity, spirituality or productiveness but uncomfortable symptoms of menopause can detract from the positive experience. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine takes a holistic and an individualized approach to treating each woman. Special emphasis is placed on treating the root cause of your symptoms and restoring hormonal balance so that you can experience a more comfortable transition into this next phase of your life. Our patients report significant reduction or elimination of menopausal symptoms as well as renewed balance, energy and vitality.
- Sunay, D; et al. "The effect of acupuncture on postmenopausal symptoms and reproductive hormones: a sham controlled clinical trial." Acupunct Med. 2011 29:27-31
- Zhou, J; et al. “Acupuncture and Auricular Acupressure in Relieving Menopausal Hot Flashes of Bilaterally Ovariectomized Chinese Women: A Randomized Controlled Trial,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2011, Article ID 713274, 8 pages, 2011. doi:10.1093/ecam/nep001
- Nir, Y; et. al. “Acupuncture for postmenopausal hot flashes,” Maturitas, 2007 56(4):383–395.
- Zaborowska, E.; et. al. “Effects of acupuncture, applied relaxation, estrogens and placebo on hot flushes in postmenopausal women: an analysis of two prospective, parallel, randomized studies,” Climacteric. 2001 10(1):38–45.
- Huang, MI; et. al. “A randomized controlled pilot study of acupuncture for postmenopausal hot flashes: effect on nocturnal hot flashes and sleep quality,” Fertility and Sterility, 2006 86:700–710.
- Wyon, Y; et. al. “A comparison of acupuncture and oral estradiol treatment of vasomotor symptoms in postmenopausal women,” Climacteric, 2004 7(2):153–164.
- Dong, H; et. al. “An exploratory pilot study of acupuncture on the quality of life and reproductive hormone secretion in menopausal women,” Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 2001 7(6):651–658.